Tuesday, October 19, 2010

12 Months of Reading

Last night I met with my real-in-the-flesh book club. We go to a coffee shop once a month and last night was our book selection night. We each brought two books (or summaries of our two choices) and people voted and picked one.

Here is the list of what we will be reading the next twevle months:

NOVEMBER - Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah
DECEMBER - Little Bee by Chris Cleave
JANUARY - Frankenstein by Mary Shelly
FEBRUARY - Thousand Splended Suns by Khaled Hosseini
MARCH - Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
APRIL - Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
MAY - Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall
JUNE - The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
JULY - Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin
AUGUST - Leaving the Saints by Martha Beck
SEPTEMBER - Color of Water by James McBride
OCTOBER - Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews

This looks like a great list! I'm surprised because I haven't read a single one. Anyone read any of these?

3 comments:

  1. It does look like a great list. Did you make a list of the rejects too? So I've read: Firefly Lane, Little Bee, Thousand Splendid Suns, Cutting for Stone, Moloka'i, Same Kind of Different as Me, and maybe The Color of Water...it sounds really familiar but I'd have to look at it. My favorites of all of those are Cutting for Stone and Moloka'i!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make a list, but maybe Candy has it? She was writing everything down. And I shouldn't be surprised that you've read 7 our of 12!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Little Bee is really good. Quick read.

    ReplyDelete