Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Help

Everyone who recommended this book to me said they couldn't put it down.  That they would stay up all night to read it.

That's a good recommendation.  So, when I finally picked up the book, I couldn't put it down either.  It was very well paced and suspenseful enough to keep me turning the pages.

The book takes place during the tumultuous 1960's in Jackson, Mississippi.  We follow three characters.  Two are "the help".  And one is slowly becoming aware of the injustice that surrounds her.

I'll pass along the same recommendation:  read it now!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, such a great read! Can't wait for the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A movie? :) Might have to make a little "online book club" date out of that. :)

    Yep, I thought this book was really great too!

    ReplyDelete