Thursday, March 31, 2011

Book Club Review: The Weird Sisters

I loved so much about this book.  I loved that the characters always had their nose in a book.  I loved that it was told from the first person using "we" instead of "I".  I loved the father who would always quote Shakespeare and leave his family to search out the meaning.  I loved the stories of sisters.  And, I loved how real and flawed the characters were.

Bean flees for home after a disastrous stint in New York where she stole money from her employer to buy clothes.  Cordy, the baby, flees for home after she finds out she is having a baby.  And, steadfast Rose, is home thinking she is the glue that holds it all together.

I enjoyed reading about how they navigated each other and plodded their way through their messes.  Eventually they each let go of their expectations of how things were "supposed" to be.  

1 comment:

  1. Dang...I have been on the hold list at the library for like a month. I am not going to get this one read any time soon. I'm moving on to the next one and definitely coming back to this one.

    ReplyDelete